Insurance Plans & Fees
All students enrolled at the University of Denver (other than those in completely online programs) can use the services offered at the Health & Counseling Center (HCC). The cost of these services varies based on insurance plans and payment of the Health & Counseling Fee (HCF).
All undergraduate students are required to pay the HCF while enrolled at the University; for graduate students, it is optional. Students must also choose to either enroll in the DU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) or waive the plan with proof of adequate alternate coverage.
While it is open to all students, the HCC is not a Medicaid provider. We encourage all students to purchase the HCF in order to receive discounted services, but students will be responsible for the remaining amounts as we do not bill insurance companies or Medicaid. Students covered by Medicaid must seek an outside Medicaid provider to ensure coverage for services.
2021–2022 SHIP Enrollment/Waiver Deadlines
- Fall Quarter: October 1, 2021
- Winter Quarter: January 21, 2022*
- Spring Quarter: April 15, 2022
- Summer Quarter: July 1, 2022*
*The winter and summer quarter enrollment periods are available to first-time, new, and study-abroad students only. All other students may enroll in the fall or spring quarters.
- Fall Semester: September 3, 2021
- Spring Semester: January 28, 2022
- Summer Semester: June 17, 2022*
*The summer semester enrollment period is available to first-time, new, and study-abroad students only. All other students may enroll in the fall or spring semesters.
2021–2022 SHIP Coverage Dates
- Fall and Winter Quarters: September 1, 2021 – March 27, 2022
- Spring Quarter: March 28, 2022 – August 31, 2022
- Fall Semester: August 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
- Spring Semester: January 1, 2022 – July 31, 2022