HIPAA Privacy Practice Informations
For information on how we handle the confidentiality of your Health & Counseling Center records, please read the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
Student records are covered by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and other privacy policies. Learn more about University of Denver privacy policies.
Request Your Records
The easiest way to request your records from the DU Health & Counseling Center is through the MyHealth portal. You can do so by following the steps below.
- Log in to the MyHealth portal
- Go to Messages
- Select New Message
- Select "I want to request a Release of Information" (second to last option)
- Follow the prompts
Authorization for Release of Information Form
Alternatively, you may request your Health & Counseling Center records by completing and submitting an Authorization for Release of Information form. The University of Denver requires an actual signature on this form. Forms with an Adobe Digital ID will be rejected.
If you wish to release your records to another area within DU, please complete and submit a Campus Partners Authorization for Release of Information form. The University of Denver requires an actual signature on this form. Forms with an Adobe Digital ID will be rejected.
Submitting Your Form
There are four ways you can submit your completed and signed Authorization for Release of Information form:
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it to 303-871-4242
- Submit it in person at the Health & Counseling Center on the third floor of the Ritchie Center, north side.
- Mail it to the address below. Please allow extra processing time if submitting your form by mail.
DU Health & Counseling Center
2240 East Buchtel Boulevard
Ritchie Center 3N
Denver, CO 80208