Spending the Summer on Campus!
Summer Housing will be available for DU students that will be involved in summer courses, have other DU obligations on campus (internship, jobs, athletic team, etc.) or DU is the permanent address. Students should apply via the Housing Portal and the application will be available on Monday, April 17, 2023. Housing will assign students a space in on of our summer locations: Summit Apartments, University Place Apartments, Lynn Marie Apartments, or Mesa Apartments. Please know students will not be assigned housing if their application is not completed in full.
Summer Housing Time-Frame Options
The contract period for Summer Housing 2023 aligns with the Academic Calendar for the standard summer session. Those dates are:
- Friday, June 9 – Sunday, June 11, 2023: Spring to Summer Transition (applicable to any student moving into their summer assignment prior to June 12th)
- Sunday, June 11, 2023: All students will move into Summer Housing Assignment from 12pm-4pm. If you have Spring 2023 housing you must file an Housing Late Stay Extension until June 11, 2023, when you will be asked to move to your summer assignment from 12pm-4pm.
- Monday, June 12 - Friday, August 18, 2023: Summer 2023
- Saturday, August 19, 2023: Move from Summer Housing Assignment to Fall 2023 Housing Assignment or Move Out from Summer Housing Assignment
- Sunday, August 20 – Tuesday, September 5. 2023:: Summer to Fall Transition (only applicable to students residing on campus for Fall 2023)
Summer housing assignments for students that completed their housing application by 4:30pm on Monday, May 15, 2023, will be sent to your DU email address on Monday, May 22, 2023. Any housing applications submitted after May 15, 2023, will be processed on a rolling basis, and notification of summer housing assignment will be sent to your DU email address. Move-in information will be provided when you are emailed your summer housing assignment.
* The move-out date for Summer Housing is Saturday, August 19, 2023 by 10am. ***Please note, you are eligible to move from your Summer Housing Assignment to your Fall Housing Assignment early on August 19, 2023, ONLY if you have a Fall 2023 Housing Assignment. If you have not submitted a 2023-2024 Academic Year Housing Application and DO NOT have a Fall 2023 Housing Assignment you will be required to move out on Saturday, August 19, 2023, before 10am.
*Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your housing for the summer, you must email email@example.com to request and confirm your cancellation. Refer to the summer housing contract for specific cancellation procedures.
Summer Housing Locations
All students will be assigned a furnished 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom apartment in Summit, Mesa, University Place or Lynn Marie Apartments. If you want to request a roommate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2023 Rate for Summit, Mesa, University Place and Lynn Marie Apartments
*We are finalizing Summer 2023 rates and hope to have them displayed before the Summer Housing Application launches on April 17, 2023.
Furnished 1-bedroom and bathroom (single occupancy)
Furnished 2-bedroom and bathroom (single occupancy room) within a 2-bedroom apartment
Rates are for the full summer. If a student moves out prior to the end of the summer quarter, they will be prorated based upon their completed check-out date. All checkouts must be scheduled ahead of time to be processed.
Please note that not all buildings will be available during the summer.
Students currently living on campus will remain in their space until their summer space is available. Housing will communicate move-in details in the Summer Housing Assignment letter on Monday, May 22, 2023. There is no additional transition charge for this transition period. Please make sure that you submit a Move Out Extension Request in the Housing Portal to note your interest in Spring-to-Summer Transition.
Students with assignments for the Fall 2023 quarter, may move into their Fall Booking early and pay the flat Summer to Fall Transition Rate is $650 for a 1-bedroom apartment and $600 for a 2-bedroom apartment. The Summer to Fall Transition Rate cannot be reduced to a fewer number of days, regardless of whether or not the student will be present for each day during the Fall transition period. The dates for the Summer to Fall Transition period are Saturday, August 19, 2023, through Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
Students must transition into their Fall assignment on Saturday, August 19, 2023, from 10 AM-1 PM.
Students without a Fall 2023 housing assignment, or not participating in Summer-to-Fall Transitions must move out on Saturday, August 19, 2023, by 10AM. Instructions will be emailed about the move-out process in early August.