Academic Integrity for Faculty
This page is intended to provide resources that faculty members may find useful when dealing with matters and processes related to Academic Integrity.
Academic Misconduct Process
- Gather supporting materials - i.e. Vericite reports, website links, student materials, etc
- Contact Student Rights & Responsibilities to discuss the incident and the reporting process
- Consider also reviewing the incident with a fellow colleague, your department head, and/or Dean to gain another perspective in the situation
- Reach out to the student and set up a time to meet and discuss the situation/incident
- Meet with the student and discuss your perspective on what happened. Provide the student an opportunity to share their perspective as well. You are encouraged to invite a colleague and/or Student Rights & Responsibilities staff member to join this meeting. It is also acceptable for the student to bring an additional support person with them, should they choose to do so.
- Work towards a collective determination with the student on their responsibility for the situation/incident. If the student does not accept responsibility; please contact Student Rights & Responsibilities for guidance.
- Please report to Student Rights & Responsibilities the determination made regarding responsibility and any academic actions you have taken.
- Student Rights & Responsibilities is the only department which can assign a status or educational outcome.