Opportunities & Recruitment Process
"I really enjoyed being a 4D Peer Mentor. It’s extremely rewarding to be able to hang out with our first year students and help them make the biggest transition in their life."
Stop By and See Us!
We will have various tabling sessions in the Winter Quarter!
2024 Application Timeline
Priority Application Deadline: January 31st, 2024
Group Interview Dates: February 16th, 2024
4D Peer Mentor Pathways
First Year Programming
- Participate in 1 on 1 "office hour" drop in opportunities for new students throughout the quarter
- Host 1 Weekly Discoveries per fall quarter, paired with another student leader.
- Support 4D Student Coordinators in committee specific work: social media, event planning, recruitment, etc.
- Support First Ascent trip preparation and check-in prior to trip departure
- Serve as cabin leader – execute cabin meetings, report general behavioral issues, aid in emergency management reporting, support student participants with general program management and operation as needed.
- Help manage groups and their safety during activities.
- Register FA participants for outdoor activities, shuttle groups to activity areas, and ensure activities begin and end on time.
- Help organize, facilitate, and monitor the safety of recreational sports such as soccer and volleyball games, yard games, archery tag, axe throwing, capture the flag, etc.
Transfer Student 4D Peer Mentor
- Plan and host monthly transfer student programming.
- Build comprehensive National Transfer Student Week program and execute.
- Collaborate with Transfer Living Community, Transfer Student Senator, and other transfer specific campus partners to be sure programming is meeting student needs.
- Maintain engagement with transfer student population on raftr.
- Support Transfer First Ascent weekend (see First Ascent Specialist requirements)