About Your 4D Peer Mentor
In addition to a faculty mentor, all new DU students are paired with a 4D Peer Mentor, a current DU student who specializes in supporting new student college transition through mentorship and fostering a sense of belonging and community during your first year at the University of Denver.
Your 4D Peer Mentor along with other DU staff and faculty will aid in your college experience to advance your intellectual growth, pursue a career and life of purpose, promote well-being, and explore your character – the 4D Experience.
Your 4D Peer Mentor will help you to:
- Learn about student expectations and responsibilities of becoming a DU community member
- Explore & access resources and opportunities that support student's academic, social, and wellness goals
- Develop skills centered on self-awareness and engagement with the diverse identities, perspectives, & experiences of others
- Foster a sense of belonging and connection to the DU and the greater Denver community
- Have fun while sharing your love for DU!
You will be introduced to your 4D Peer Mentor virtually the week of August 28 in Raftr, our virtual engagement platform, and then in person at Discoveries Orientation starting on Tuesday, Sept. 5 as part of your First Year Seminar (FSEM) Meet Ups and small group clusters. 4D Peer Mentors support Discoveries Orientation, FSEM courses, First Ascent experience and first-year programming.
Stay tuned to hear more from them in late August! In the meantime, if you need assistance with your transition to the University of Denver, please reach out to New Student & Family Programs, at email@example.com or 303-871-7599.