Graduate Students & GI Bill® Users

At the University of Denver, we offer over 120 graduate degrees, each of which emphasizes independent study, research, and professional development. The Office of Veterans & Military Resources is here to support our student veterans throughout the graduate school application and funding process. In addition to accepting eligible GI benefits, DU partners with the Yellow Ribbon Funding program, which helps make private universities, out-of-state colleges, and graduate schools accessible to qualifying student veterans.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to Veterans & Military Resources at 303-871-5350 or

Use our Graduate GI Bill® Application Roadmap to ensure you've completed each step.

Download the Roadmap

Looking for more funds? You have options.

Apply for Scholarships

If you are ineligible for the GI Bill® or seeking additional funding, scholarships are a great way to bridge the gap. Thousands of veteran-specific scholarships are available, so you'll want to start applying as soon as possible.

Learn More

Apply for Yellow Ribbon Funding

The University of Denver is partnered with the Yellow Ribbon Funding Program, which offers additional financial support for costs not covered by the GI Bill®. The Yellow Ribbon Program emphasizes making out-of-state colleges, private universities, and graduate schools accessible to GI Bill® student veterans who are already at the 100% funding benchmark.

Learn More

Student Health Insurance Plan Waiver

As a veteran, your health insurance is likely covered by VA health benefits. If that sounds like you, be sure to submit your Student Health Insurance Plan Waiver to opt out of the University of Denver Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).

background image

Get involved with other student veterans!

Meet like-minded individuals and integrate yourself into the DU community by joining the Student Veteran Association.

Learn More