We are working to expand the number and variety of online resources available online, to help you connect with information, organizations and opportunities to broaden and deepen their experience in sharing across our similarities and differences.
We welcome your constructive feedback on and suggestions for resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Du Events & Opportunities
- DU Equity Portal events calendar (under construction)
- Catalyst Series for Social Justice (GSSW)
- Equity Labs (GSSW) -team equity-building process
- Interfaith your calendar with DU CJS
- ISSS Global Friends program promotes friendship across cultures by matching international students with someone the DU faculty, staff or alumn community.
- WORC (Whites Organizing for Racial Consciousness)
Noted items are provided as PDF documents unless otherwise noted; download Reader for free.
- Inclusive Excellence at DU: A practical conversation (Youtube) from DU HR Friday's @ Noon series, ~45 minutes.
- Inclusive Excellence Toolkit (PDF)- for campus units; an example from Student Life 2014
- The Danger of a Single Story TEDTalk by author Chimamanda Adichie: full video (Youtube)
Knowledge Nuggets (Pdf)
are brief introductions to issues and action resources. Many include links to additional information.
- DU Alphabet Soup: common campus acronyms and jargon, explained
- Microaggressions in the Classroom (faculty resource)
- More Intentional Language suggestions
- Participating for Good in Online Interactions
- Singled Out in the Classroom (faculty resource)
- Tips for new English Language Center / International Students
- Why "Happy Holidays"?
- Importance of Education
- Women in the Workforce
Bulletin Boards in a Bag (BBB) (Pdf)
We're revamping our BBB series, with all new history/ heritage month Boards, which share both celebrations of and challenges faced by communities. We'll also be adding new Boards on additional issues, identities, and current events.
These PDF packets are starter material for posting in your residence hall, classroom, or office, to provide educational insights and conversation starters. Details and usage suggestions are contained in each.
- Congrats grads/Summer plans (June+)
- Asian Pacific Heritage Month (May)
- Disability Awareness (Apr)
- Spring holidays & observances (Apr)
- Women's History Month (Mar)
- Black History Month (Feb) 2022
- Fall/Winter holidays around the world (Dec-Jan)
- Religious Awareness Week/Month (Nov)
- Native History Month (Nov)
- LGBTQ History Month (Oct)
- Latinx Heritage Month (Sept-Oct)
- Bias Incident (BIRT) campus reporting and response process, via EO/IX. (For immediate physical safety issues, contact Campus Safety at 303.871.3000)
- SAIE departments many of which support specific student identity/ affinity communities
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) central division, supports academic and faculty-focused initiatives
- Equal Opportunity/Title IX provides prevention education, investigation, and adjudication around University's non-discrimination policies