Social Justice Resources
Learn More. Engage Many!
Below are some campus and community resources, to help you connect with information, organizations and opportunities to broaden and deepen your learning and action.
DU Events & Opportunities
- DU Equity Portal: growing, central collection of information, events and resources
- DU Diversity Summit annual personal and professional development event
- Action Book Clubs
- Catalyst Series for Social Justice (GSSW)
- Equity Labs (GSSW) -team equity-building process
- Interfaith your calendar with DU CJS
- ISSS Global Friends program promotes friendship across cultures by matching international students with someone the DU faculty, staff or alumn community.
- WORC (Whites Organizing for Racial Consciousness)
Noted items below are provided as PDF documents; download Reader for free.
- The Hubb: student staff-curated blog on DEI topics and currents vents.
- Inclusive Excellence at DU: A practical conversation (Youtube) 2015 session from DU HR Friday's @ Noon series, ~45 minutes.
- Inclusive Excellence Toolkit (PDF)- for campus units; an example from DU Student Life 2014
- The Danger of a Single Story TEDTalk by author Chimamanda Adichie: full video (Youtube)
Knowledge Nuggets (PDF) - brief resource sheets
are brief introductions to issues and action resources. Many include links to additional information.
- DU Alphabet Soup: common campus acronyms and jargon, explained
- Microaggressions in the Classroom (faculty resource)
- More Intentional Language suggestions
- Participating for Good in Online Interactions
- Singled Out in the Classroom (faculty resource)
- Tips for new English Language Center / International Students
- Why "Happy Holidays"?
Bulletin Boards in a Bag (BBB) (PDF)
We're revamping our BBB series, with all new history/ heritage month Boards, which share both celebrations of and challenges faced by various communities. We'll also be adding new Boards on additional issues, identities, and current events.
These PDF packets are starter material for posting in your residence hall, classroom, or office, to provide educational insights and conversation starters. Details and usage suggestions are contained in each.
- Congrats grads/Summer plans (June+)
- Asian Pacific Heritage Month (May)
- Disability Awareness (Apr)
- Spring holidays & observances (Apr)
- Women's History Month (Mar)
- Black History Month (Feb) 2022
- Fall/Winter holidays around the world (Dec-Jan)
- Religious Awareness Week/Month (Nov)
- Native History Month (Nov)
- LGBTQ History Month (Oct)
- Latinx Heritage Month (Sept-Oct)
- Bias Incident (BIRT) campus reporting and response process, via EO/IX. (For immediate physical safety issues, contact Campus Safety at 303.871.3000)
- SAIE departments many of which support specific student identity/ affinity communities
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) central division, supports academic and faculty-focused initiatives
- Equal Opportunity/Title IX provides prevention education, investigation, and adjudication around University's non-discrimination policies
- Career & Professional Development (CPD) offers students and alumns regular opportunities to explore, expand and share DEI related knowledge, skills and abilities
- Human Resources & Inclusive Practices (HRIC) People Development offers a range of professional development opportunities, including DEI-related topics
- Office of Teaching & Learning (OTL) provides resources for faculty/instructors to improve inclusion in course content and pedagogy
- Student Employment offers students and campus employers regular professional development, including DEI-related topics